Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Take me home...country road

Nothing like traveling 24 hours and arriving to a dead car battery.  Good news, I got to the facility where my Expedition is stored in daylight and it wasn't snowing or raining.  Better news was being able to call our wonderful friends, Kathy and Randy Cardon who didn't hesitate to drop everything to give my car a boost.

I had a whirlwind few days in Calgary catching up with friends, family and my annual tune up at the doctor.  I then headed down to our property in Idaho.  The place where I break into a huge smile when I turn into the driveway, even if there is no one there to see it.

The grass was thick and long despite being mowed two weeks before when Heather and Don were here.  I love jumping on the tractor and mowing and how the grass looks and smells right afterwards.



Ready for visitors!  Bet Baby K will enjoy being held in the hammock swings.
The river is still low so the boat/jet ski dock is still floating with the current.
The river just waiting for boating season
Priest River is a town that serves more Coors than Cabernet, so I was glad to see Noni's Wine Bar is still thriving and a new bistro has opened up next door.  The lumber mill down the road seems busy and there is new construction happening in the area.  After a few tough years, there is a feeling of optimism in the air.

Roger is still dividing his time between Alice Springs and Adelaide and is experiencing autumn down under.   We are both anxiously waiting for the phone call that announces we are grandparents.  It will begin the start of a new world for Brad, Anette, Roger and me -- and we couldn't be happier.

"A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty."
                                                                                          Anonymous


No comments: