Thursday, May 30, 2013

Joy to our world






It began with a Skype call in November 2012.  Brad and Anette in Vancouver, and Roger and me in Zambia.  Without saying a word, Brad held up the ultrasound to the webcam.  It took a few seconds for us to comprehend the enormity of the joy and the realization of a dream we never spoke of out loud.


The dream began with this picture
A baby. Known as Baby K to friends and family, and as Child Kinley on a Facebook profile.  This child already has a magnificent circle of people that have given their love and support to Brad and Anette...and to us.  Our joy is shared.


Brad, Anette and Obi in mid-May

What a beautiful mom-to-be!
I told Brad he will realize just how loved he is by us, when he holds the baby for the first time.  He will realize he would do anything...anything for his child.  Because that is how we feel about him, and I know Anette's parents feel the same about her.

Brad and Anette will be amazing parents.  They clearly love each other.  They have faced two serious illnesses that Brad has experienced in the last 10 years and have come out stronger.  They both have parents who adore them, and each other.  Yes, this baby comes with a welcoming party holding out their open arms.

And with that....I am thrilled to announce the arrival of Baby K!!

Name:         Magnus Eirik Kinley  
The name's are Norwegian in heritage and honour for those passed:  Magnus is after Anette's beloved grandfather Magnar, and Eirik is in honour of Anette's much loved uncle.

Birthdate:  Monday, May 27, 2013

Weight:      8 lbs 13 oz

Height:       22 inches






June 1982 -- the start of our lives as a family
My heart still melts when Roger calls me "Precious" and when Brad calls me "Mom".  I think my heart will turn into a puddle when Magnus first calls me "Nana".

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, and a dream of possibilities."
Eda LeShan


No comments: